The message of Foothills
Christian Church is simple: Following Jesus, we love God, serve others, and
welcome everybody…and everybody means you! Foothills is a growing congregation with
a current worship style that can best be described as joyful and blended. Our progressive
community of faith is seeking a dynamic, organized and talented new Music
Worship is the center of
our life together, where we experience and explore our relationship with God
and with each other. As we offer prayer and praise, we seek to:
- Invite and encourage the significant musical gifts already within the
- welcome the full participation of our
- celebrate God and God’s people in both inclusive
and expansive ways;
- honor the rich tapestry of experiences,
cultures, and traditions present in our community, while remaining open to what
is new and yet unknown.
We seek a Music Ministry
Leader with the skills and sensitivity to serve as a unifying and energizing
presence, who will collaborate with the Minister, staff, and lay leaders to
shape a worship that honors God, invites experiences of learning and growth, and
inspires us to love, worship, and serve.
Applicants should be
able to demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience as a leader of bands or other musical ensembles,
including the ability to invite participation, organize schedules, and plan
- Experience as song leader, or experience identifying and
developing leaders to serve in this capacity;
- Strong keyboard or lead guitar skills, as well as the ability to direct
from the keyboard or guitar;
- Stylistic versatility and willingness to play (or learn to
play) music from varied traditions and styles
- Appreciation of music’s role within Christian worship;
- A team player, able to offer creative input in
planning and brainstorming as well as receive the gifts and perspectives of
- Willingness to teach volunteers of varied ages and musical skills,
with a commitment to nurturing people and valuing the learning process over
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to relate to
individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences;
- Flexibility and grace, as well as patience and a good sense
The Music Ministry Leader
is a part-time position (10 hours/week). Responsibilities include:
- Planning and leading music for worship including weekly
services and special services on Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, and Christmas Eve;
- Directing the worship band, including a weekly rehearsal and
additional rehearsals, as needed;
- Inviting and coordinating additional ensembles/musicians from the congregation
- Collaborating with the Minister and
lay leaders to plan and
assess worship, including attending the monthly staff meeting;
- Overseeing the
maintenance of instruments and music ministry-related equipment;
- Providing music for weddings and
- Providing for substitute musicians, as needed.
work schedule will include: Sunday morning rehearsal, Sunday worship service,
midweek music rehearsal, and weekly preparation time.
Work Schedule will be determined in consultation with the Minister and
Personnel Committee and described in the letter of employment.
upon experience and education in accordance with the approved fiscal year
weeks paid vacation time (including 2 Sundays), and the option to negotiate
additional unpaid leave (including Sundays).
Leader of Music Ministry reports to the Minister and will be evaluated annually
in accordance to the personnel policies of the congregation.
apply, please submit:
letter explaining why you are interested in the position;
with two recent references;
materials, such as links to recordings/videos, that demonstrate your skills.
CD’s and DVD’s are welcome but will not be returned.
materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is an open and affirming congregation.
We welcome all people into community and ministry, regardless of age, race,
gender, sexual identity, economic status, faith heritage or ability. We are
Disciples of Christ, a movement for wholeness, and we are all apart of the ONE
body of Christ.